Friday 13 May 2011

poems

 Lectures on Love
   Being in love has often many different meanings
Overwelmed by feelings we miss needed screenings
True love is often confusing and very hard to find
Because we lose comon sense and react blind

Still being in love is different for every person
Often we are judgemental and situations worsen
Some mistaken love with a strong physical attraction
Others fall in love without any direct action

Love can be the happiest thing you have ever known
You can place the object of your attraction on a throne
Love can make you feel things that are utterly strong
It may be something that you’ve been waiting for all along

But love may also cause you to hurt and be in pain
You can feel desperation and feel that you go insane
Feelings of sadness may overshadow your every move
If the love you found no one else can approve

But love overall should be embraced without fear
Because you never know how fast it may disappear
Love is something fragile and often misunderstood
But you should be happy that feeling it - you could

© 2011

i miss you dear friend
  A friend, a true person, a real one too
this is the legacy we have from you
you taught me love and how to fight
you gave me strength you gave me might
a stronger person would be hard to find
and in your heart you were always kind
you fought for me in the end
not just as a friend
now the time has come for you to rest
so go in peace you've earned your sleep
your love in my Heart to eternally keep 


A closer Look
  I am the bronze stallion that towers over her dark places
Places I would rather pass on speaking life to
let alone reminisce
I wake up every day and give a French kiss to my lover named life
I giggle because close by are life’s piss stains and I will be greeted by them when I exit my home
Because you see once my day starts I am tested
I am tested by those who see the power in me and those who haven’t taken the moment to look
Although I am pretty much a open book and I am indeed
Complex
When you open my pages you may have to catch your breath
I am lifted
Because I have been anointed
I am here to do all that my Father has ordained
You may sit and wonder
I study myself daily
I love all my quirks
The things that I work to define
The attributes ill never change
For they define me
I may not be what is considered “main stream smart”
But I am wise
An analogy about me that comes to mind:
I cannot tell you how to construct the temple wall but I bet I’ll be the first to paint them
Just take…
A closer look
By Shannon Hogan

No comments:

Post a Comment